As the professional China chrome plated tube suppliers and hydraulic piston rod suppliers, here would like to explain the difference between chrome plated bars and chrome plated OD (outer diameter) tubes.
Chrome Plated Bar:
– Chrome plated bars are solid cylindrical bars made of steel that have been plated with a layer of chrome, it is called chrome rod for short some times.
– They are typically used as piston rods in hydraulic cylinders, so chrome plated bar is known as hard chrome plated piston rod also.
– The chrome plating provides several benefits, including increased corrosion resistance, improved wear resistance, and reduced friction.
– Chrome plated bars are known for their high strength and durability, making them suitable for heavy-duty applications.
– They are available in various sizes and tolerances to meet specific requirements.
Chrome Plated OD Tube:
– Chrome plated OD tubes, on the other hand, are hollow cylindrical tubes made of steel, with the outer surface plated with chrome.
– These tubes are commonly used in hydraulic cylinders as barrel components.
– The chrome plating enhances the tube’s corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and provides a smooth surface for sealing purposes.
– Chrome plated OD tubes offer the advantage of being lighter in weight compared to solid bars, making them advantageous in applications where weight reduction is crucial.
– They are available in different sizes and wall thicknesses to accommodate various cylinder designs.
In summary, the main difference between chrome plated bars and chrome plated OD tubes lies in their structure and application. Chrome plated bars are solid rods used as piston rods, while chrome plated OD tubes are hollow tubes used as barrel components in hydraulic cylinders. Both options provide improved corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and reduced friction, but the choice between them depends on the specific requirements of the hydraulic cylinder design, including weight considerations.