The engineering hydraulic cylinder comprises the main engine and control arrangement. The former includes the fuselage, main cylinder, ejector cylinder, and liquid filling device. The power system comprises a fuel tank, high-pressure pump, low-pressure control system, electric motor, and various pressure and directional valves. Typically, the hydraulic cylinder of a power hydraulic press is a thick-walled high-pressure vessel with one open and one closed end. Its structure comprises the cylinder bottom, flange, and middle thick-walled cylinder. Due to heavy loads and frequent operation, working cylinders of hydraulic presses may incur premature damage due to inadequate planning, manufacturing, or use.
The majority of the cylinder’s impaired components can be found in the curved area that connects the flange and hydraulic cylinder barrel. Additionally, some damage occurs in the arc section where the cylinder wall meets the bottom of the cylinder. A few cracks develop on the cylinder wall, and others sustain harm due to severe cavitation. The cylinder undergoes a significant number of operational loads before it becomes damaged, and fatigue damage occurs as cracks gradually grow and expand. Various factors can affect the lifespan of engineering hydraulic cylinders, and these should be analyzed alongside specific conditions. However, in general, several aspects contribute to damage.
The hydraulic cylinder barrel experiences the most damage in the arc-shaped section that links the flange and cylinder barrel. The second most common area of damage is the arc-shaped portion where the cylinder wall meets the bottom of the cylinder. Some cracks appear on the cylinder wall, while others suffer harm due to severe cavitation. The cylinder is subjected to a high number of operational loads before it becomes damaged, and fatigue damage occurs as cracks gradually increase in size. There are numerous factors that can impact the lifespan of engineering hydraulic cylinders, and these must be examined in conjunction with specific conditions. Nevertheless, here below are several general aspects that contribute to damage.
1. The inner wall of a hydraulic cylinder tube is prone to developing cracks that gradually extend outward. These cracks typically follow longitudinal lines or occur at a 40-degree angle to the busbar of the tube wall. To prevent issues with the hydraulic cylinder tube wall, it’s advisable to purchase high-quality honed cylinder tubes from trustworthy suppliers of hydraulic cylinder honed tubes.
2. Problems with the Flange Part of the Hydraulic Cylinder:
– Lines appear on the surface of the cylinder flange at the transition arc
– Lines gradually expand to the circumferential direction and the inner wall
– Crack may extend to the nail hole, causing the flange to fall
– Ring may crack and fall off
3. Problems with the Bottom of the Hydraulic Cylinder:
– Circumferential cracks first appear at the beginning of the inner surface of the transition arc
– Cracks gradually expand to the outer wall and may even crack
– Honeycomb pitting caused by cavitation damages the engineering hydraulic cylinder
– Cavitation is easily generated on the inner wall of the entry hole
5. Reasons for Planning Problems:
– Structural dimension planning is unreasonable
– Flange height may be too small or the flange outer diameter may be too large
– Structure may be too high and damaged
6. Gas in the Cylinder:
– Gas in the cylinder causes substance in the work to produce polyurethane elastomer
– Solution: Check whether the diameter of the oil-absorbing pipeline of the hydraulic oil pump is small and whether the oil-absorbing pipeline joint is well sealed to prevent the pump from sucking in gas
7. Sealing Friction:
– Sealing friction is too large
– Solution: Use H8/f8 for the mutual cooperation between the hydraulic cylinder and the large guiding. The specifications of the sealing ring should be strictly produced and processed according to the specifications. When selecting a V-shaped sealing ring, adjust the sealing friction to a moderate level.
8. Product Dragging Position Damage:
– Product dragging position has serious damage, contusion, and bite.